Saturday, March 18, 2006

Bulalo

My First Bulalo.

I saw this nice Beef Shank at Whole Foods and I thought why not?!. My brother Mark has been hangin out at my place so I know he would love this. I haven't cooked this big of a chunk of meat in a while so I challenged myself to make it very very tender.

After 2 hours of low simmer, the meat is very tender and the broth is amazing. The fatty part or is that the tendon? is like melting. I remember now why people just love this dish. Its very simple yet it rocks!!!!!

2 comments:

Thess said...

hello aling kusinera! i found your blog via xtine's...your bulalo looks really heaven, I could almost taste the soft meat!

ces said...

hi!
got here via lani...
just had nilaga for lunch today...and talked about bulalo while eating...hehehe...this is the answer to our prayers! i can just imagine those bone marrows nestling on my tongue! sarap!