Monday, July 13, 2009

My Chili experience


When I travel, I try to eat what the place has to offer. I am not sure if chili is a regional food anymore. I mean I could imagine that chili is one of those dishes that is served in every state and is different in each state.

Before our trip/ drive to Nashville, TN my group meaning Husband, Sister, and Bro in law went to the Waffle House near our hotel. It was around 4:30 a.m. I saw the 'Special' chili on the wall and so I ordered. It was really good. When I hear and say that, I always ask "Why is it good?" What I can say that did stands out is the garnish. I saw the cook sauteed onions, pickled Jalapeno, and ham. So when you get a spoonful of chili with the onion and jalapeno it is a mixture and balance of texture and taste. It is smooth and rich and a bit spicy then it is also a bit salty and a bit crunchy. My favorite part is that the pickled jalapeno gives the briny or tart taste that cuts the smoothness and or richness of the chili. Yum... Oh yeah. This chili is more meat than beans, which is what I prefer.

No comments: