Monday, February 20, 2006

Almusal is ready


My favorite almusal is Paksiw and Sinangag. Well its really the sinangag coz it reminds me of my grandmother. And what is better to match sinangag other than paksiw! Also I chose Paksiw coz its not my specialty although its so easy to make. So when I find paksiw in the menu, I would definitely order it morning, noon or night.

In the picture is how my breakfast would be, Garlic rice, Paksiw and Patis for sawsawan and a glass of cold water.

Paksiw

1 whole Bangus or Milkfish
1 ginger peeled and sliced thin
1 eggplant
Half cup vinegar
Half cup water
Half a Jalapeno sliced thin
salt

**Put all ingredient on a pot and let it boil. When boiling, you can put the heat on medium and let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.

Myth or fact?
When cooking with vinegar, I was always told to not stir the pot until it boils.

8 comments:

ChichaJo said...

Hi Kusinera :) This looks like a very yummy breakfast! I have never had paksiw for breakfast before but it does sound good...I should try that sometime :)

I don't know about the truth to the "cooking with vinegar" thing (not stirring), but I have heard it also...

ChichaJo said...

BTW, thanks for joining Lasang Pinoy 7! Hope to see you at more food blogging events!

Lani said...

I love this breakfast also, ang sawsawan ko ay kamatis, sibuyas na may patis, yummy!

I think it's a fact kasi basta nahalo ko iyong vinegar sobrang asim parang di naluluto.

Stef said...

Yummy paksiw! That jalapeno's heat should be a welcome wake-me-up. Thanks for joining us for LP7!

ces said...

reminds me of my mom...
thanks for joining LP!

puFF said...

thought it was only me who loves paksiw for breakfast. nice blog=)

mae said...

Love the look of that paksiw! I seriously would like some now. I too have heard about the stirring the vinegar while cooking...

Liza Manalo-Li said...

I've always loved paksiw with sinangag