Thursday, February 09, 2006

More food from Our Honeymoon






Because of public demand, I am sharing my food pictures from my Philippines trip.

Far left is the Chitcharong Guagua. Well that is what we call it coz we buy it at this small store in Guagua Pampanga. Its really meaty. Di puro hangin. I believe that you buy this per kilo. That is how special it is.

Next is the Inihaw na pusit. This is when we were at Baguio. There are tons of Ihaw Ihaw by Burnham Park. This squid is so moist, so fresh and tender not chewy at all. Yum O!

Next is the Isaw. This is from Laguna. Its kinda different coz it was cut to bit size pieces then floured then fried. My Brother said it was really good. I mean he doesnt even have to say it. Coz he kept on buying it, so I conclude.... I dont eat meat so I skipped this one.

Below left is my favorite Kwek Kwek - When I lived in Laguna like 13 year ago (oh mi god!). Laguna is the only place I can find it then. For those of you who hasn't tasted this simple yet yummy treat. Its just boiled egg, then dipped in a thick batter then fried. So the texture is crunchy outside and soft and yummy inside. I particularly like to eat it after soaking it in vineger. When the batter absorbs the vinegar and burst in you mouth...... (drool). Now I see it also in Pampanga, and I guess its everywhere. But not exactly the same coz most vendors use Itlog na Pugo (Quail Eggs) then sold on a stick like fishballs. Still really good. And the batter is differnt also.

Last but not the least Tahong - I also really enjoyed this one. Coz the muscles here in California even the freshest are not even close to this heavenly dish. Again like the Squid, its so fresh. Like the first bite would remind me what a fresh Tahong is suppose to taste. Kinda sweet, tender and very very yummy....... I finished the whole serving in the picture. Forget the Rice. Give me the Tahong!!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Aha! Finally! Maluat na cung menaya, abe! Hehehe!

You seem to have enjoyed your honeymoon. It would be wonderful to start a food blog to remember it by.

Now you can join Lasang Pinoy! O, panayan mi ing entry mu, ne?