Thursday, February 23, 2006

Bule

My favorite food ever is called Sinigang!!!! I can eat Sinigang everyday, every meal. I LOVE IT!!! Everytime I cook it, I have to give it away afterwards or else I would eat and eat it til the last drop. Not good for the figure. Anyways, I think that the best sinigang is determined on how the Gabi or Taro is cooked. It has to still be whole but really soft and starchy? All the sinigang loving people knows what I am talking about.

What is the relevance? There is this ala sinigang dish that a bean is used instead of Gabi. I dont even know if the dish has a name we just called it Bule Baluga actually that is the name of the bean. I will not translate. I dont think its politically correct. Its so hard to find this in the Philippines. I dont think a lot of Filipinos even know of this yummy bean. When I got here in U.S. Its everywhere!!! Its called Lima Beans.

My Family usually use ground water buffalo meat, and add chunky blood. And the soup base is sinigang. I think I am confusing myself with a totally different dish. Its been so long since I had some. And since I dont eat land animals anymore, I revised it by using salmon belly cubes. I just cut the long strip of salmon into cubes. Iused frozen Kamias and packed Kamias Sinigang Mix. With Pechay and some Jalapenos for the kick.

This to remember:

Soak the Lima Beans in water, Baby or not.
If using fish, let the beans cook thru first before adding the fish and pechay.

Dont you think my pictures are looking better?!

Stinky rate:
Not stinky at all.

No comments: