Saturday, February 18, 2006

Sweet Spaghetti!

My co-worker's niece Marina is having a 9th birhday. I volunteered to cook the Spaghetti, Filipino Style ofcourse. Since I am cooking for a big crowd, I also decided to write down the ingredients. How many times we kinda wonder how a recipe would work if we need to cook for a big crowd. This recipe is for 3 aluminum trays. I really believe that 1 tray can be 15 to 20 servings. And since is also my gift to the young lady, I didnt skimp on the ingredients.

Come to think of it, this is my first recipe on papaer!!!


Sweet Sauce:

2 lbs ground pork
20 pcs. Hotdog (2 packs) - quartered and sliced thin
18 oz. Ham - Preferably sweet and sliced thin same as the hotdog
1 head garlic chopped
1 big onion chopped
1 12 oz can tomato paste
5 can 12 oz tomato sauce
3 big bottles Filipino Ketchup
Dry Basil
crushed black pepper
onion powder
garlic powder
Sugar ( i forgot to measure so I think its half a cup)
Salt ( i think this is about a tablespoon)
** pepper flakes if you want some kick.
Olive oil
And lots of cheddar cheese

Heat a big pot. cover the bottom of the pot with olive oil. Sweat garlic then onions. Then saute ground pork. Season with salt and pepper. When the pork turned color, add the hotdog and ham. Cook it for about 10 minutes. ( I think it takes a little bit longer coz its a lot of ingredients to cook) Add the basil, onion powder and garlic powder. Then add the tomato paste. When the paste is dissolved with the ingredients add the tomato paste and ketchup. Then add the sugar and salt. Let the sauce boil then put the fire in medium heat and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Make sure you stir it once in a while.

Boil pasta as per instructions of the package. I think everyone knows how to serve it right?!

This is tedious!

No comments: