Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Buffalo Wings

My brother in law, Mark, if from Buffalo, New York so he is a buffalo wings snob!!! Well he is very particular with Buffalo Wings as I am with Tocino (being Kapampangan). Anyways, Mark has mentioned that he is on a continues search for the best Buffalo wings here in Bay Area California. So far the best one he found was at a small asian family own restaurant called D'original buffalo wings. Mark said that is the closest to the wings back home in Buffalo. He ordered some of this Buffalo wings from the resto for his birthday. I tried the sauce to have an idea what the sauce should taste like in the first place. I was surprise that its a lot tangy. He started told me how it was made, and explained to me what is very important on making good wings. Mark said that the crucial part of a good Buffalo wing is to make the wing crispy. I guess its the skin that has to be crispy. That part is what I was afraid of. When I decided to make some, I was thinking about how to make the wings crispy. I have not fried any kind of meat in a long while. But with the right oil temperature, everything went well. The sauce was a hit and the wings crispy. Friday Buffalo wings night was a hit!!! Mark loved it and so did my husband. I took on the challenge and survived. First Buffalo, next the world!!!! (evil laugh) ha ha ha ha ha

No comments: