Thursday, April 05, 2007

Chicken Mami CM

I used to go to the palengke (wet market) with my brother every saturday morning. I mean 6 a.m. morning. With bayong in hand, my brother and I would first buy the meat products, fish, vegetable then groceries. This way the meat products first would be at the bottom of the bayong then fish, etc. That is how we are taught. hehe Anyways, we usually go with our neighbor, and we usually have to wait for them. They take a while but we do our best to not get bored. So when we decide we are done buying our stuff, we look at each other and utter "CM!". We would go to a eatery, carinderia, stall at the outskirts of the palengke. They usually sell CM, BM and Palabok. Yes! for breakfast. I never thought it was weird til now. CM is for Chicken Mami. BM is for Beef Mami. I am not sure why its called Mami? We are so used to using the CM and BM names that we got the people selling the food call it the same way. hahaha Yes, we kinda re invented the name. I usually buy palabok becuase,,,,, I love palabok!

In the picture is also a bottle of patis. CM is usally served with calamansi and pepper. I have a japanese version of pepper I guess. It a bit spicy and has sesame seeds. Ahh this bowl is a total blast from the past. The bowl would have egg noobles, cabbage or napa cabbage (thinly sliced), carrots (also thinly sliced), chicken or beef, egg and sometimes with chitcharon. Oh and chicken broth of course.

No comments: